Current Grants & Projects
Currently Funded Research Grants 2015-2016
1. Dr Julie Thoms and Dr Dominick Beck, Lowy Cancer Research Centre, University of New South Wales:
“Investigating the oncogenic role of erg in human leukaemia”.
2. Professor Richard Lock and Associate Professor Shelli McAlpine, Childrens Cancer Insitute Australia, Randwick:
“A novel class of glucocorticoid-sensitising compounds in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia”.
Currently Funded Research Grants 2016-2017
1. Dr Jenny Wang, Childrens Cancer Institute Australia, Randwick:
“Developing a novel therapeutic strategy for leukaemia stem cell eradication”.
2. Dr. Ashwin Unnikrishnan, Lowy Research Centre, University of New South Wales:
“Improving the response to AZA therapy in MDS andCMML”
Currently Funded Research Grants 2017-2018
1. Dr Toby Trahair, Kids Cancer Centre, Sydney Childrens Hospital, Randwick:
“Better outcomes for childhood and adolescent ALL project (BOCAAP)”
2. Dr Michelle Henderson, Childrens Cancer Institute, Randwick:
“Targeting FACT to improve treatment success for high-risk leukaemia in children”.
Currently funded research grants 2018-2019
Dr Dominik Beck, University of Technology, Sydney
“Targeting leukemia-specific regulatory elements for the treatment of high risk AML”
Currently funded research grants 2019-2020
1. Professors John Pimanda and Richard Lock, Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW
Generating patient derived MDS xenografts for pre-clinical drug testing
2. Dr Alla Dolnikov, Childrens Cancer Institute, Sydney Childrens Hospital
Development of allogeneic CART cell therapies for B cell malignancies